Thursday, March 20, 2008

Thankful Thursday




Today, my heart is bursting with thankfulness mostly to my God for loving us, leading us, and providing for us in every way.


Also, I'm unbelievably grateful for the group of guys from our church family that got together and came to our house to help us with our yard work. Some of you know that my sweet husband is disabled, in a wheelchair, and simply cannot do things like work in the yard that he wishes he could do. There were 30 trees in my small backyard. Nothing would grow back there because it was completely shaded, even grass wouldn't grow. I wanted to grow a garden in my shady backyard, but had given up hope of getting all those trees down. A whole group of friends showed up with their chainsaws and willing hands and made quick work of my yard! WOW!! I'm so thankful!! I pray that God blesses those people even more than they have blessed me. Thank you so much, Lord, for providing for me and my family.






Thanks, Guys!!! You're awesome!!

11 comments:

Denise said...

Thanks for sharing your grateful heart sweetie, bless you.

Jenileigh said...

That's wonderful! I'm so happy for you and your dh! God is so faithful! Happy TT!

Amadis said...

You are an Amadis (Loved by God) And God sure gave you your garden may God let you grow the most beautiful flowers that you could ever see.
God bless,
Amadis

Gina said...

Such a nice Thankful Thursday post and so nice of the men to help out. Thank you for the nice comments on my blog. Nobody ever says anything that nice! :)
I will be visiting you again. You have cute boys.

Shari said...

That is so neat that Christians got together to help out. What a great way to encourage your faith and to witness to the neighbors.

ZAM said...

You are so blessed you have great friends! Spring is coming and you must be so excited to make wonders in your garden.

www.makimeji.com

Susan said...

Hi Amy,

So nice to meet you! Your boys are just precious~

I was so blessed to read how your church pitched in to help out.

This is what the body of Christ should look like.

Blessings to you during this Easter Weekend.

I'll be back♥

Lisa said...

How blessed you are! God is so great that he will always provide for us! Happy Easter!

Amelia Antwiler said...

What a great story!!

Ann said...

That's wonderful! I love it when churches become Jesus with skin on. May your garden grow abundantly!

eph2810 said...

Oh - that is so awesome that the guys from your church helped you out getting your yard opened up for a garden :)

Thank you so much for sharing your grateful heart with us.

Blessings to you and yours -- He is Risen!