Monday, October 22, 2007

Kitchen Tips!

I'm sure you've heard these a million times, but here are a few things that I actually DO and that help me in the kitchen. I'm really looking forward to hearing what helps all of you, too!

When I make meatloaf or our favorite soup, I always make 2 or 3 times more than we need and freeze the leftovers.

I brown 2 lbs. of ground beef when I only need 1, then store the other in the freezer, and it's ready to go when I need it! I used one tonight for dinner.

I taped a plastic sheet protector to my fridge, and I put each week's menu in it. Making a weekly menu is also a big help.

I made a sandwich basket. It's just a small, square-shaped basket that holds the lunchmeat, cheese, and lettuce and tomato prepared and in baggies so that when it's sandwich time we just pull out the basket from the fridge and everything is there. My hubby loves this basket! lol

Another big help for me in the kitchen is that my 10 yr. old son unloads the dishwasher every morning. Yee haw! I also remember the day I realized my boys could fix their own cereal and make their own sandwiches! That was a big help, too.

No comments: